Acrylic Foam Tape offers four key advantages, including enhanced strength, anti-slip properties (Viscoelasticity), compatibility with various substrate surfaces, and exceptionally durable adhesion even under challenging conditions such as direct exposure to sunlight or harsh temperatures.
Table of Content
Acrylic Foam Tape structure
Acrylic Foam Tape is a reinforced adhesive tape consisting of a foam core coated with acrylic adhesive on both sides and a final layer of liner (usually in red color). The foam provides excellent elasticity, allowing it to absorb forces, while the Acrylic adhesive layer ensures strong adhesive capabilities for the tape.
Structure of Acrylic Foam tape
Foam Core Layer: This layer serves the function of distributing loads, absorbing forces, reducing vibrations, and enhancing strength. Depending on the application, this layer is available in various thicknesses and weights. The foam layer establishes a bond between different and uneven material surfaces.
Acrylic Adhesive Layer: The acrylic adhesive provides strong bonding capability and long-lasting bond strength over time, allowing the tape to meet stringent holding requirements.
Liner Layer: Also known as the release liner, this layer is specially designed to facilitate easy removal from the adhesive layer. The liner maintains the integrity of the adhesive’s stickiness while protecting it from environmental factors during transportation, storage, and use.
Acrylic Foam Tape Applications
Acrylic Foam Tape is widely applied in various fields, including automotive, construction components, equipment, and electronics.
Bonding of stiffeners and reinforcement bars in elevators
Appliances control panel mounting
Window frame mounting in Automotive
Window frame mounting in Automotive
Bonding of office partitions (aluminum and glass)
Display bottom mounting in electronic devices
In fact, acrylic foam tape has replaced screws, rivets, welding, and bolts in automobiles and other modes of transportation.
Previously, manufacturers had to use metal screws, but this method had some drawbacks, including the potential for rust over time. Instead, acrylic foam tape can seal tightly, prevent water/air ingress, and resist rust, addressing two issues with a single solution.
The simplicity in design, coupled with a significant reduction in product weight, makes acrylic foam tape the top choice for automotive manufacturers, assemblers, and processors.
With seamless applications, high durability, and extremely strong adhesion, acrylic foam tape finds diverse and extensive use in various fields, including automotive, solar energy, electronics, etc.
Solar panels and outdoor signs often use acrylic foam tape due to its longevity, high bond strength, as well as the cushioning and weather-resistant properties of the foam layer.
Devices requiring radio-frequency identification (RFID), such as permanent attachments to surfaces like shipping containers, greatly benefit from the strong and durable bonding provided by acrylic foam tape.
Automation equipment and processes, where stressed, vibrational, and displacement-prone screws are entirely replaced by acrylic foam tape, overcome the shortcomings of traditional solutions while providing impact resistance, weather resistance, and long-lasting bonds.
Some other applications include:
- Attaching glass and windows (waterproofing).
- Bonding speakers and microphones, TV screens and mounts.
- Attaching door frames for design embellishments, refrigerators, and other household appliances.
- Nameplates, signs, assembly, and laminating other components.
- Attaching and reinforcing elevator components.
Acrylic foam tape seamlessly bonds aluminum and glass, creating an almost invisible connection
Acrylic foam tape is utilized in bonding components, providing vibration resistance, and dampening noise in elevator applications.
Advantages of Acrylic Foam tape
Pros of Acrylic Foam Tape:
- Strong and durable bonding under static and dynamic loads.
- Resilient to material expansion and contraction without losing adhesion, thanks to viscoelastic properties.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use due to excellent UV resistance and aging resistance.
- Bonds similar and dissimilar substrates.
- Adhesive designed to bond LSE & HSE materials.
- Products designed for pre- and post-powder coat painting applications.
- Includes super-clear product lines for virtually invisible bonding.
- Wide range of temperature resistance.
- Excellent shear resistance.
Acrylic foam tape compared to mechanical methods:
Rivets negatively affect aesthetics and puncture the material/surface
- Often more efficient than conventional mechanical methods due to quicker and easier installation. Additionally, it helps save costs by eliminating the need for complex support tools and training expenses.
- Requires less time and skill compared to welding, bolting, screwing, or mechanical fastening methods. Therefore, teams opting for this approach can reduce labor time. The cost of acrylic foam tape is also lower than most mechanical methods.
- Outperforms mechanical screws when considering insulation and soundproofing capabilities.
- Acrylic foam tape does not damage material surfaces like drilling holes does. Drilling holes can be hazardous as it may harm the surface, cause leaks, or increase the risk of corrosion.
Acrylic foam tape compared to glue:
- Acrylic foam tape can also perform the tasks of adhesives, and in fact, it can be even better.
- The tape doesn’t require mixing like adhesives.
- There is minimal waste as the tape comes with a protective liner, allowing it to be used in any quantity without the need for precise measuring.
- Very little preparation or cleanup time is needed when using tape. Simply cut the tape, peel off the liner, and it can be used quickly and easily.
- There’s no concern about the tape melting or sagging like with liquid adhesives. Additionally, tape products have a longer shelf life, so you don’t need to worry about them drying out, becoming stiff, or becoming unusable as with adhesives and other bonding agents.
Technical Characteristics of Acrylic Foam tape
Acrylic Foam Tape stands out with its reinforcing capability and viscoelasticity.
- The viscoelasticity properties provide durability for long-lasting bonds.
- Product features remain unchanged over time, even in outdoor conditions.
- Acrylic foam tape can compensate for static loads throughout the entire bonding period over the product’s lifecycle.
- Acrylic foam tapes compensate for thermal elongation of different materials
- Dynamic stresses are optimally dissipated for a secure bond.
Bow Tape Acrylic Foam tape
BowTape’s specialized double-sided reinforced Acrylic Foam Tape is designed for applications requiring high load-bearing capacity and superior bonding, serving as a replacement for screws, bolts, rivets, and traditional methods with enhanced performance.
BowTape Acrylic Foam delivers robust bonding strength with excellent adhesion capabilities, suitable for a wide range of surfaces, from stainless steel to various plastic materials.
- Double-sided reinforced Acrylic Foam Tape.
- Outstanding performance against impact and vibrations.
- Exceptional bonding strength with durability.
- Automated logo and mold bonding applications.
- Die-cut applications for automotive exteriors.
- Industrial and household applications.
Acrylic Foam Tape Bow Tape 711G (1.1mm)
Bow Tape 708GSX (0.8 mm)
Bow Tape 704WE (0.4 mm)
Bow Tape 706BH (0. 6mm)
Bow Tape 716GS
Acrylic Foam Tape Bow Tape 723G (2.3 mm)
Acrylic Foam Tape Bow Tape 730W (3.0 mm)
Acrylic Foam tape with LSE coating – Bow Tape 708GLM (0.8 mm)
Acrylic Foam Tape – Bow Tape 711BH
Acrylic Foam Tape – Bow Tape 715B (1.5 mm)
Acrylic Foam Tape – Bow Tape 7025THH
- ☎️ Hotline: 0565 33 68 79
- ✉️ Email: email@example.com
- Băng keo cường lực dán kính ô tô
- Giải pháp kết dính cho lắp ráp & sản xuất thang máy
- Băng keo ứng dụng cho xe tải đông lạnh
- Băng keo công nghiệp dán sàn & khung xe buýt
- Keo dán kính mặt dựng toà nhà (FACADE) chất lượng cao & tối ưu chi phí
- Băng keo siêu dính cho ngành công nghiệp bảng hiệu & quảng cáo
- Băng keo cường lực cho dây chuyền sản xuất ô tô
- Băng keo dán kính
- Băng keo dán nhựa bề mặt năng lượng thấp (LSE)